Monday, February 2, 2009

In the Library: FebPhotos Day 2

From the beauty of Buffalo Mountain to the institutional grandeur of... interior shots of McConnell Library! Featuring the M.C. Escher-esque stairwell, an angle I've always thought was pretty cool, so I finally took a photo:


I like long perspective photos that give some sense of depth. This is taken from the end of the first floor, with the compact shelving on the left and where the RU Archives, the Appalachian Collection, and my office will be housed on the right at some time in the future....



Our Special Collections are kept in locked sections of our compact shelving. Here's a section, with RU theses on the right and some of our older (and sometimes actually rare) books on the left:


I just moved offices a few weeks ago in my transition from Reference/Instruction to Archivist, and here's my new "temporary office," complete with shelves full of unprocessed collections. The rocking chair was my grandmother's, which adds a nice touch to an office with two computers, a scanner, a humongous printer, and four monitors.

It's snowing outside right now, so hopefully we'll get some snow photos for tomorrow.

1 comment:

we_be_toys said...

You're right - that stairwell angle is right out of ole MC's pictures!
I love where you work, but then I am addicted to books, old ones in particular.